- To promote advanced training (2nd and 3rd cycles and Pos-doctoral researchers), establishing partnerships with research and teaching units and institutions, both in Portugal, and abroad . At present, our post-doctoral scholars have FCT scholarships; the ones who come from abroad have scholarships from their countries of origin. We are advertising more and more, in order to increase the number of post-doctorates, who come to foster new projects, and who collaborate in advanced training whose offer depends on the range of our integrated researchers.
- To develop applied research in creative labs and artistic teaching, in the fields of the Arts (Theatre, Literature, Cinema, Visual, and Digital Arts) and Communication, thus establishing significant links between the hypotheses of fundamental research, and the processes of creation typical of the various forms of artistic expression;
- To operate research on (material, virtual, and technological) supports of artistic, media and communicative phenomena, including the creation of digital platforms related to the objects of fundamental and applied research;
- To operate research within the forms of appropriation of artistic and media languages, also related to verbalization, language contact and Human Communication, particularly in the studies of Media and Arts Literacies, Mediation, Interculturality and Communicative Multimodality.;
- To develop an editorial line to promote the results and products obtained from research in arts and communication;
- To organise seminars, colloquia and other scientific events, in order to gather different people from local, national, and international institutions;
- To promote, through projects, the integration of with local and national businesses, fostering the and production of knowledge;
- To integrate the local structures, in order to assist in the dissemination of knowledge produced in the Centre, as well as to help produce and divulge the knowledge of the surrounding society, in the areas of Arts and Communication.